These granola bars are super easy and have been a staple at our house. The best thing about them is that this recipe can be a base recipe for a variety of flavours. You can change up the type of seeds or add dried fruit or even a chocolate coating if you wish. They also dub as a granola ball recipe. Instead of cutting them into bars you can roll them into small balls and bake. Alternatively you can eat them raw as energy balls. Trust me this is a versatile one!
Chewy gooey granola bars
These bars are perfect as a healthy snack on the go or in a lunch box.
My boys love these in their school lunch box or as a healthy treat at home.
-2 medium bananas
-3 tbs sunflower seed butter (you can use any nut butter instead but they wont be school safe)
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-Dash of salt
-1/4 cup of sunflower seeds
-1/4 cup hemp seeds
-1/4 cup chia seeds
-2 cups of thick rolled oats
-1/2 cup of your fav chocolate chips
-(optional)1 tbs of your fav protein powder, we use the garden of life RAW oragnic
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a food processor or blender blend up the banana and butter until very smooth.
- Add in the vanilla, salt, and seeds and pulse until well combined.
- Add in the rolled oats and chololate and pulse again until a dough starts to form. You want the batter to still be slightly wet but hold together if you make a ball.
- Turn out into you silicon or non stick baking sheet and press down to form a large rectangle (about 1/2 inch thick). Alternatively, you could roll the dough out into small balls (will make about 24 or 30 depending on size).
- Cook for 15-20 minutes of until the oats turn a golden brown.
- Once it has cooled a bit, take a sharp knife and cut into small rectangles to form into granola bars. You can make them as big or small as you like.