One of the things I LOVE most when I visit my family in Brazil is to eat palm of hearts, hearts of palm? I never know which way to say it! Anyhoo, the salty buttery texture is something I absolutely love. But I can also eat an entire jar of olives in one sitting so obviously salty and savory flavours are ones I prefer!
One day I was strolling thru the grocery store and came across jarred hearts of palm. Which apparently most grocery stores carry! I had no idea but you can imagine my excitement! They are on the pricier side so I don’t make this salad often, but with everyone in our household being sick this week I decided to make this treat of a salad! Actually, the first time my older son ate hearts of palm he thought it was cheese hahahah!
This salad comes together super fast and you can buy diced olives to make it even faster! The dressing is also super simple with only a few ingredients.
This salad is perfect if you want something
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do! And don’t forget to tag me on Instagram if you make this recipe (@at.my.table)! I love to see your creations.
Brazilian Inspired Salad
Fresh light salad perfect when you want to indulge but stay healthy.
- 1 can of hearts of palm
- 1/4 cup of black olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup of baby tomatoes, diced into quarters
- 2 tbs fresh dill, chopped
- 2 stalks of green onions, sliced
- For the Dressing
- Juice from 1 lime
- 2 tbs EVOO
- 1 tbs coconut sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbs mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In large mixing bowl add all the ingredients for the salad and mix until well mixed.
- In a smaller mixing bowl whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing. Pour over the vegetables and mix until combined. 3 Enjoy!