These are the perfect breakfast or snack to grab when you are in a rush or need an extra boost. I added some vegan protein powder to make them a longer lasting and more satisfying snack to fuel my boys for the morning!
I recently received a VeganCuts subscription box to review which you can read all about here. This was a surprisingly fun box that is great if you are looking to find and try new vegan and gluten free brands. They also sell a beauty box with all vegan products if that interests you more so I highly encourage you to check them out at vegancuts.com
One of the items I found was this organic moringa green smoothie powder by kuli kuli. It has such a nice rich flavor to it and I knew it would make a great addition to our cookie recipe. My kiddos really loved this recipe and my husband has been grabbing a few of these on his way to work. He has a hard time getting breakfast in because he leaves so early, so these are perfect! So on that note on to the recipe…
Ok on to the recipe!
Enjoy! And don’t forget to tag me on Instagram if you make this recipe (@at.my.table)! I love to see your creations.
Sunflower chunk protein cookies
Perfect on the go high protein snack or breakfast cookie to fue you up and leave you satisfied.
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup nut butter
- 2 tbs Kuli Kuli protein powder (or your favorite brand)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 chia eggs (2 tbs chia seeds in 6 tbs warm water)
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup gluten free flour (i use the one by Bob’s red mill)
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks or chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. 2.In a small bowl make the chia egg and set aside. Meanwhile in a food processor add in the banana, nut butter, protein powder, salt and maple syrup. Process until it is smooth.
- Add in the chia egg and process again until smooth.
- Add in the oat flour, GF flour, seeds and salt and pulse to incorporate. You should be getting a thick batter. Fold in the chocolate.
- Roll into balls and place onto a lined baking sheet. Press down to create the cookie shape and bake at 375 for 20 minutes. Enjoy warm or place into an airtight container. Good on the counter for 3 days or in the fridge for 7.