Ahh sunshine, and warm days! We were getting super excited for what felt like the start of spring here in Toronto! We invited friends over, prepared our patio furniture, brought out the outdoor toys for the boys and recieved our produce box order with all our BBQ ingredients…We woke up on Sunday morning excited to host when we were stopped in our tracks by all the snow outside! Yes the snow, blanketing all our furniture, BBQ and toys…. but we should have known better! It always snows in April despite us wishing it was already July weather.
But we carried on a usual and ended up having an amazing dinner party. We baked instead of grilled the tofu and loaded the table with fresh salads and curries. I was super excited to make a creamy potato salad which I hope to make and share throughout the warmer months.
I receive a lot of our produce from a organic and mostly local delivery service here in Toronto. If your in the area check them out, Mama earth organics is a super awesome company. Friendly staff, amazing produce and other groceries and for me the biggest win is that they are the most zerowaste delivery company I’ve come across. The also happen to have shared a promo code with me so that you can get 50 dollars of free food for your first order! If your local to Toronto use code LOVEFOOD50.
Ok back to the potato salad! So I have been receiving the most beautiful and fresh potatoes these past few weeks so I knew I wanted to make something fresh and perfect for the spring. And whats a BBQ without potato salad right! And being dairy and egg free I usually can not eat most potato salads out there so I knew I had to make my own plant based version! This recipe would also be perfect for easter or to bring to a BBQ party to share. IT is super easy and takes very little time to make and prepare. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Ok onto the the recipe! And remember if you make this please share your thought in the comments or share a phot of your creation so I can share it! You can find me on instagram @at.my.table!
Fresh and creamy radish and corn baked potato salad
Perfect for your BBQ parties and to share with friends and family.
- 15 small potatoes, quartered( ~4 cups )*
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper
- 1 bunch of easter radish, chopped (~1 cup)
- Frozen corn, thawed and steamed (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 red onion, diced small
- Fresh dill, chopped small (1/4 cup)
- Fresh cilantro, chopped ( 1/2 cup)
- I used a mix of red and yellow mini potatoes but you can also use yukon or white. Just cut them into bite size pieces and adjust cook time. You don’t want to overcook the potatoes so they stay firm.
- For the salad dressing
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 tbs honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbs dijon mustard
- 2 tbs water
- Juice form 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400. Toss quartered potatoes with the sesame oil, salt and pepper. Place onto a silicon mat or lined baking pan and bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Take care not to overcook!
- While potatoes cook prep the other veggies and mix the dressing. For the dressing just add the ingredients to a bowl and mix until nice and creamy. I like to add to a mason jar and shake to help it all blend together.
- Once potatoes have cooled add them to the veggies and pour the dressing on top and mix. It is best to place back in the fridge for an hour before serving if possible.