A satisfying dish for pasta and curry lovers.
A great recipe to make for kids when you want a hearty meal
- 1 package of buckwheat noodles
- 1 white onion, minced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 leek stalk, chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 3-5 tbs green curry paste (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 2 cups of veggie broth
- 1/4 tsb salt
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup button mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 cup brussels sprouts, sliced
- 1-3 jalapeno peppers, minced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a medium mixing bowl smash the black beans with a fork until coarsely smashed. Add in the oats (I like to pulse the oats a little in the vitamix for a smoother consistency first).
- Add in the remaining ingredients and mix together.
- Form into 4 patties with your hands and place them on a lined baking sheet, OR a our cast iron griddle and place them into the oven.
- Cook for 15 minutes turning the burgers half way.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Celsius then add in sweet potatoes and cook until tender but firm (about 25 minutes).
- Bring a pot of water to boil.
- Meanwhile, on medium heat sautee the leeks, onions and garlic in water until onions are translucent (about 5 minutes).
- Add the green curry past, salt, and veggie broth and continue cooking for another 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots and celery and cook for 2 more minutes then add in the mushrooms, brussels sprouts and jalapeno pepper. Cook until tender adding more water if needed.
- Place buckwheat noodles into boiling water and cook to package instructions.
- Sliced cooked sweet potato (you can remove or leave the skin) and add them, along with the cooked noodles, into the veggie mixture. Mix, serve and enjoy.