This week I have really needed to rely on quick easy meal ideas more then ever. My husband is out of town for work (poor baby had to go to Amsterdam on business, lol) and I am super jealous, I mean solo parenting! With three boys running around demanding all my attention my dinners this week have been pretty much all stews, pasta and well nope thats it!
I first learned about this recipe thru my favorite instagramer Amanda over at mamaeatsplants. If you are not following her go check her out. She has amazing recipes, links to amazing recipes and is a huge zero waste inspiration. You can find her here. I have adapted and changed it slightly and it one of my most favorite meals to make when I don’t have a lot of time and need something warming and filling. It is delicious on its own or you can serve it over some quinoa or rice or as a baked potato topping.
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do! And don’t forget to tag me on Instagram if you make this recipe (@at.my.table)! I love to see your creations.
Lemony Red Lentil Carrot Stew=
- 1 white onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 1/2 cups red lentils
- 4 cups veggie broth or water
- 1 tsp EVO
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- (optional) 1 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste -1 lemon, juiced
- 1 bunch kale, chopped (roughly 2 lose cups).
- In a medium saucepan (or in an instant pot under saute setting) saute the onions and garlic in 1/4 cup of the veggie broth until translucent. Then add in the spices and cook until fragrant.
- Add in the carrots and lentils and cook for about 1 minute before adding in the remaining liquid and stir.
- Cook until lentils are soft and tender ( in the instant pot set to 15 minutes on bean setting). Once cooked mix in the lemon juice and kale, mix and let it sit until kale is wilted then serve.
- Enjoy over some steamed rice or on it’s own as a stew. Also great topped with some sliced avocado .
Don’t forget to enjoy!