I have shared these easy and fast chickpea falafels a few times over on my Instagram account. But then realized I never shared them on here. These guys are so so easy to make and just packed with flavour. The lemon juice gives it such a freshness and compliments the parsley so so nicely. This one of my go to recipes for BBQs and can be made into burgers or even meatballs if you prefer.
It is a super versatile recipe to have on hand and I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! I will be making these a lot this summer so make sure to check out my stories over on instagram where I share cooking tutorials and videos for all my recipes. And is there is anything you would like to see more of here please let me know in the comments. I try hard to read every one respond.
I’ll keep this one short!I can hear Micah slowly babbling as he wakes from his nap 😉
Oh and if you make this recipe I would love your thought in the comments! Or can find me on instagram and let me know @at.my.table!
Quick and easy chickpea falafel
A simple family recipe that is quick and perfect for little hands but flavorful enough to satisfy the entire family.
- 2 cups of cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 white onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbs dijon mustard
- Fresh parsley (roughly 1/4 cup chopped)
- Fresh dill (roughly 2 tbsp)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Dash of salt and pepper
- ~1 cup cassava flour (most flours will do, you can use regular flour or chickpea flour)
- Tahini dressing:
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1 tbs fresh dill
- 2 tbs fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup lemon
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1.Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Meanwhile, in a food processor add all the ingredients for the falafel, except for the chickpeas and flour. Process until everything is chopped small.
- Add in the chickpeas and process again until a rough dough forms. Don’t blend to long, you want the chickpeas to be roughly chopped.
- Add mixture to a bowl and add in the flour. Mix to incorporate. You want the dough to hold it’s shape but not be to dry. Add more flour if you need.
- Form into small balls and add to a baking pan. Flatten into falafel shapes and then bake at 375 for 20 minutes. Flip, then bake at 400 for 10 more minutes.
- While they bake add all the ingredients of the tahini sauce to a blender and blend until smooth. Dip falafels in the dressing and don’t forget to enjoy