Looking for an easy gluten-free cookie recipe but tired of yet another chocolate chip cookie! I hear ya! So make this cardamom tangerine cookie recipe instead! They are super flavorful and come together in just 1-bowl.. yes one bowl saving you dishes and time! Oh and as always they are a total kid-approved snack recipe!
Jump to Recipe
A 1 bowl cookie recipe
Don't you love it when you find a recipe that only requires one bowl? While I love making desserts at home I always hate the clean-up. I have actually given up making a few recipes because the thought of having to clean up the baking mess far outweighs the snack sometimes! I know all you tired mama's out there can relate!
Just picture me sitting there on a Sunday morning sipping my coffee and trying to relax after waking up 3 times with one (or usually more than one) of my kids the night before. Do you really think dishes are a part of that morning!!
So I am always happy to share any 1 bowl recipe I make with you guys. So you can get out of the kitchen and actually enjoy the snack with your family!
Not another chocolate chip cookie recipe!
These cardamom tangerine cookies were another happy accident actually. I have a lot of those, to be honest. Being creative and taking risks in the kitchen is an important part of learning to cook and create new things!
The story behind these cookies really come from the fact that I was craving a cookie but sick of the same old chocolate chip cookie recipe. So I decided to try to create something different with our usual cookie recipe.
I knew I still had to add chocolate chips. I am convinced my kids to think that any cookie without chocolate is a muffin, lol! But I was not sure how they would like the cardamom spice. The spice itself is floral and almost sweet so it does go well with desserts. And to my surprise they loved them! We made them twice in a row and I had to bake a second batch to photograph hahaha.
OH, one tip, do NOT add in too much tangerine or pulp otherwise the cookies will turn out bitter!
Alright, that is all folk. If you enjoyed this cardamom tangerine cookie recipe please comment down below or leave a rating. And if you are looking for more easy healthy gluten-free treats be sure to check out these:
- 15 minute no bake energy bites.
- 4 ingredient cinnamon star cookies
- 5 ingredient chocolate chia pudding
- Mess-free chocolate covered strawberry kebabs
Ok, on to the recipe! And thanks for reading! If you make this recipe please tag me with your re-creations so I can share over on Instagram! Until then, tchau
1 bowl cardamom tangerine gluten free cookie recipe
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- ½ cup quick oats
- 2 tablespoon coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oat milk
- ¼ cup tangerine juice (freshly squeezed)
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
Optional add in
- ¾ cups dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Meanwhile in a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients (flour, oats sugar and spices). Mix well to combine.
- Then add in all the remaining wet ingredients and stir. If you like add in the dark chocolate and stir again. The batter should be wet but hold it's shape.
- Scoop onto a lined baking pan, you shoudl get about 12-14 cookies. Bake in the oven for roughly 25 minutes.