Chocolate, for breakfast! Yes please! This chocolate chia pudding recipe is the perfect healthy breakfast recipe. A nutrient-dense chia pudding recipe that is rich in healthy fats. Oh, and it also makes a killer after school kids snack or post-workout meal, just saying!Jump to Recipe
Confession, I actually ate almost all of this chocolate chia pudding recipe before my kids got home because they were so good. So don’t tell them ok!
A grab and go snack recipe
It seems like anything with a hint of chocolate is kid-friendly! Or at least for my kiddos anyway. If you add chocolate my boys will eat it! But with 3 growing kids, one of which has a sensitive tummy, I am always looking for a healthy snack idea that they love as much as I do.
But no fear! Because this chocolate chia pudding recipe is loaded with beneficial fats, essential nutrients and minerals. All of which my kids are blissfully unaware of!
So, we like to keep a healthy supply of this healthy vegan snack! In addition, as a busy mama myself, I love having this grab-and-go snack handy. Otherwise, my snack choices are not always so great!
A healthy chocolate chia pudding recipe
Besides being delicious and kid-friendly, these chia puddings are also super healthy! A healthy chocolate recipe, yes, please!
But seriously, I am not simply slapping the word ‘healthy’ on here to get a click. So to clarify, here are just a few reasons why you should be eating chia pudding:
- Chia seeds have a healthy lipid level and are a good source of omega.
- Chia seeds help maintain your blood glucose levels.
- Chia pudding helps promote a healthy gut and digestion.
- One of the best things about chia seeds is that they made up of 18-30% dietary fiber, which helps promote a healthy digestive system (ref).
- Chia seeds are nutrient-dense and low in calories.
- As for the nutritional component of chia seeds, they are composed of 15–25% protein, 30– 33% fats, and 26–41% carbohydrates.
- Chia seeds contain a high amount of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Consequently, this nutritional profile makes chia seeds highly nutritious low calories food!
- Chia seeds are safe from heavy metal and mold.
- Heavy metal analysis shows that chia seed contains insignificant amounts of heavy metals and are free from mycotoxins (ref).
- Cocoa powder can help reduce inflammation.
- Because of the high amount of the antioxidants flavonoids, cocoa powder seems to help in reducing inflammation or blockage of blood vessels in the body.
- Therefore it is also considered a heart-healthy food. In addition, the polyphenols contained in cocoa powder can improve blood flow to your brain!
So there you have it! Some quick reasons why you should be adding this healthy chocolate chia pudding recipe to your breakfast or snack routine!
Keto chocolate chia pudding recipe
While I am not one to jump on a food fad diet train, I will say that I think getting a good amount of healthy fats is essential to your health. We believe in eating well-balanced whole food base recipes without eliminating food groups.
I strongly believe that having a good relationship to food is vital to being healthy. This relationship should exist along side healthy eating. And we try our best to promote our kids to have a healthy relationship to food and to not fear food in any way.
therefore, I am the importance of eating healthy fats in this post. When so many diet trends promote fat-free, low-calorie diets it is easy to forget just how important fats are to our health. So yes this chocolate chia pudding recipe is keto-friendly because it is LOADED with so many good essential fats. All of which help promote a healthy hormone balance, cell regeneration, healthy cell membranes, fertility and so much more.
Alright now on to the recipe! Thanks so much for reading. If you are looking for easy breakfast and snack ideas be sure to check out these recipe:
- No bake 15 minute vegan truffles
- No bake breakfast pie recipe
- 8 ingredient fluffy gluten free waffles
- The best tofu scramble recipe
If you make this recipe be sure to tag me (@at.my.table) with your re-creations so I can share it over on Instagram!
Until next time, tchau
- 6 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 cups vegan yogurt
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- sliced bananas or chocolate optional toppings
- Set up 2 small mason jars with 3/4 cups each of the coconut yogurt. Then add in 1 1/2 tbsp of chia seeds into each jar and mix well.
- To a separate mixing bowl, add in the rest of the yogurt, cacao powder and remaining chia seeds. Mix until well combined. Then divide it intot he two jars, on top of the coconut yogurt.
- Add 2 tbs of the peanut butter into each jar then drizzle the maple syrup in. Top it all off with some sliced banans and dark chocolate if you like!
- Place into the fridge and let it set for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight*